We had a record breaking 26 entries in our “By the Sea” themed competition and all of the top three entries were taken in our own beautiful county. In first place with 198 points was new members Mike Brosnan’s stunning shot taken on Rossbeigh beach. The second spot on 196 points went to Patrick Wolff, his shot was taken from a high vantage point and took in Barrow Harbour, Fenit Lighthouse and the Slieve Mish Mountain Range. Brian Fitzgerald got 194 points for his picture of the Blasket Island known as Dead Man, or An Fear Marbh and also known as the Sleeping Giant
The theme for the next completion is Open and they will be a €5 entry fee and there will double points and points awarded to 20 places, this could make a huge difference to the point tally for photographer of the year. At present the top 3 spot are taken by Dillon Boyer on 55 points, Tommy Toomey on 44 and Steve Baker on 36.
An outing is scheduled for this coming weekend to the Ross Castle area of Killarney, it will be an early start but a short day and will only go ahead if the weather permits. We meet at O’Donnell’s pub in Mounthawk Tralee where we will carpool.
Here are some Camera Tips that are invaluable:
- “You can’t please everyone!” – Tonya Holsey
- “Learn Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO first. Stay on Manual. Shoot Raw.” – Alfredo Avila
- “Don’t Buy the Kit Lens!” – Shari Schoeman
- “Don’t be afraid of taking bad pictures.” – John Ireland
- “Practice, practice, practice. Art is interpreted individually. But have fun experimenting!” – Jonathan McGill